Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Scoop

Today we found a GEM!!!

This week is conference week at the boys' school and since I had my mom's cool car (van getting fixed...) I thought, "What a great day to drive around town and find a cool place to eat ice cream." Don't let our choice of delicacy fool you... It's still in the 40's and raining with occasional snow. But, we found a S-P-O-T! It's a gem, a true piece of sunshine on a gray day. It's called The Scoop.

It's in a little corner shop right across from an elementary school. The boys asked if it was a house, so it was obviously not fancy on the out side, if I was a better picture-taker I would have been snapping shots but I'm not, so just imagine with me. We went inside and there were some junior highers in there hanging out and two nice gals working behind the counter. There were about 24 different flavors, mostly all random. For example, Nate got mint ice cream. Not mint chocolate chip, just mint. Caleb got Cakey Doh. It was vanilla with cake dough pieces in it. Both boys chose a cake cone.

Then I spotted it...a little price board that had the kid scoop on it and other random prices...but it also said:

Baby Scoop: $1
Start em early!!

Really, it said that! I was like...oh you don't have to tell me twice, and ordered one up for Titus. It came in a little baby cone, I got him vanilla bean. I didn't want to overwhelm his senses. Look at this pic!
Start 'em early!!
  He LOVED it. Who wouldn't???!!? The gals loved watching him eat it. Who wouldn't??!!? Check it.
 I had a delicious Salted Caramel Milkshake. It was AWESOME. See....

The boys and I had a good time. We all agreed that we must bring Alena and daddy back to The Scoop.

My sweet big boys. Caleb and Nathan.


After ice cream we went to the library...every one read books for 45 minutes! WOW!
He is a delight!
I LOVE that they can read all by themselves!

All in all a great day! Although raining and a bit crazy, it was good. Now, I need to go, this posting pictures stuff takes too much time and I need to be packing! We are going on a trip! :) 

To the boys - I love you forever. Mama


2 comments:

  1. I was introduced to the scoop last summer. I walked about 6 block with my friend who lives on 26th and Brown. It was a delight. We ate our icecream then sat outside way after they closed. Great find.
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooooooooh, I want to try all the flavors in a baby scoop. That way I won't feel as bad for 24 cones of ice cream. Want to visit there next time we're in town!! Loveyouguyslotsss!!

    ReplyDelete