Tuesday, April 17, 2012

In Honor of the Little Things

Those of you who know me well probably think the title of this blog is a little ... odd. I mean let's just be honest, for those of you who DON'T know me as well... I get pretty excited about the big things and sometimes the little things get lost... Does this happen to all moms? I'm not sure if it's just me, my personality, or that with four kids running around somehow the little things get lost in the chaos of the day to day. Anyway, I'm rambling.

Lately, probably because of the move and all, I have been more intent, and more focused on the little things. Maybe it also has something to do with Titus being our last little one, it has made me WANT to enjoy each moment, each diaper change*, each little thing, and to HONOR it. To me that means get excited! It's easy to get excited about the loss of a kid's tooth and believe me I do!! But what about the awesome "swing time" we had at the park last week or the cool salad I made this weekend? It's just fun to enjoy those little things too, to get excited. So, in honor of the little things here are a few pictures! Enjoy!

Swinging at the park! Alena SOO enjoyed giving the pushes!

Titus' first fort

I made matching skirts for the two most beautiful girls I know!

We have been able to wear short sleeves! Spring is arriving!
Hope you have a great day honoring the little things!!!


* Regarding diaper changes...let's say on average a kid wears 2000 diapers a year... I have changed approximately 22,000 diapers and I probably have about 4,000 left, so I am enjoying each diaper change BECAUSE even though I know I will LOVE having a diaper free house (and budget) it is a stage forever gone...and that is worthy of being honored. Happy diaper changing to my mama friends!

1 comment:

  1. Love the little things. Thanks for sharing. And is it really that many diapers? Wow.
    Yay for spring! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete