Thursday, April 19, 2012

Moose.

How do you say moose in plural? Like mouse vs mice, dog vs dogs...moose vs mooses? or moose vs moo-ice? I don't know but I doubt it matters...there are TWO moose (moosice?) in my backyard today. In fact, they are still there and it's been 2 hours now. Here's the story....

I had a visit from a very special GG today and she decided it was about time to head home at about 2:30pm. So I walked her out to the car only to see my neighbor, on his bike, looking at me kinda goofy-like, kinda like "do-you-know-what-I-know" kind of look. So I said hi. And he said, "Did you see the mama moose and baby moose in your back yard? You better be careful." So I quickly said goodbye to my special visitor, and hurried inside. I've heard that protective mama moose (moosez?) are not one to be messed with.

Sure enough they were peeking out from behind the bushes...

And then after wandering around the side yard a bit they walked right across the backyard:
Got a drink from the little pond back there.....
And then laid down for a nap:
They are still there and it's 3 hours later. They must have been really tired....

Wow!

I feel like I'm on National Geographic or something! Crazy.

The kids keep checking on them..they think it's pretty cool, they were just bummed they couldn't play outside today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment