Thursday, February 28, 2013

10 AmAzInG "things"

For those of you that don't know me very well. Here's a "Crystal fact": I'm kind of a hot or cold person. I'm learning to have warm and cool, but even as I get older (read: more mature), I find that hot or cold works for me. Black or white. Love or hate. A lot or none at all. Do you get the drift? Some people have called me passionate, some call me rage, but really my favorite word anyone ever called me was "vivacious" - this might sum up the whole of me and I'm ok with that.

In this blog post I have been challenged to show, with pictures (from my iphone, don't mock), the whole wide world, my FAVORITE things and as the month of LOVE wraps up, I think it is most fitting.... so here we go!

My first favorite thing is this:
 My amazing Benjamin. 
This picture perfectly displays why I love him. 
We are in a donut shop, drinking coffee, the sun is pouring in, he is wearing his warm up outfit and he is unashamedly kissing our youngest boy. Does it get any sweeter than this?

Thank you Donut Parade for this forever memory

#2
I LOVE RUNNING
I HATE RUNNING
I LOVE RUNNING
I HATE RUNNING

OMG, it's Em and Mrs. Bee!


 #3
Really, I love Alena because I honestly feel like she loved me first...
I don't know how or why, I simply feel she showed up loving me;
Following me with her eyes and wrapping her tiny little fingers around mine,
we were both, in the same instant perhaps, wrecked by love.
It's a beautiful thing really, mother-daughter relationships. It's fire and ice at it's finest.
For her birthday she asked for fake glasses so she could wear hers when I wear mine (melt...)

Seriously? Adorbs.


#4
We take our kids to the library, on average, once a week.
I so desire for them to love books like I do. 
To spend whole days wrapped up on the couch just to procrastinate a little longer finish a book.
Send me your favorite book titles! I want to read them!
(Mom, honesty moment, I may have faked sick a few days so I could finish Babysitters Club Books)
(ok, not a few, a lot)

5 of my favorites


#5
One thing I have NEVER mentioned on this here blog is that I. Love. Muscles.

See the muscles,  not the cluttered fridge. Mmmmkthanks.


Purposely, number 6 is Hazel. Our cat.
It's a complicated relationship, mine and Hazel's.
Much to my demise, I have to inform my followers (all 6 of you) that I have still been battling mice.
UGH.
I hate mice. 
(See the first paragraph if you have any questions about the word HATE here)
They were found again this month scavenging in my van.
Hazel spent the afternoon in the van.
And even though she found none, she is the picture of a mouse-free world to me. That is all.

She's a hunter at heart, I can see it

#7
Wine
Cabernet Sauvignon
Sing to yourself, "Red, red wiiii-iii-iiiiine." It's ok, just do it.
If, and when, you have four children, you will know why this made it to the top 10.
(Also, please read #6 and then, don't judge)
I am not too proud for two-buck chuck either. Paired with string cheese, it is delicious.

Yes, I'll take the Cab

#8
I adore kids who sleep. Is that bad? Should I want my kids to be awake and looking in my eyes and asking me endless questions and putting sticky fingers all over my fridge and running through mud and then through my kitchen and then begging for a snack and then a drink and then whining about dinner and then throwing a fit and then declaring that they are not tired?? For heaven's sake NO!
I love kids who sleep!!!

New big boy bed! Sleeps in it like a champ!!

 #9
Coffee - does this need an explanation? If it does, please don't follow this blog any more.

ShOuT oUt to KEURIG! For making coffee easy!



Last and certainly not least,
I love, adore, amore (say that with a French accent please),
worship, regard, respect, esteem, appreciate and revere
JESUS.
He turned my life upside down when I least expected it and I certainly did not deserve it.
He truly did unconditionally love me first and He rocked my world with that kind of love.
I was a lonely, sad, angry, fearful, anorexic chump and as His love has changed me..
He has blessed me with a new life and so much more...I could only list 10 things here,
hopefully over time, I will list many, many blessings on this blog...
Amazing Grace.


xoxo - Crystal


For more lists of amazing things my friends love, check out:
Em's Front Porch
Mrs. Bee in the 253




3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! You're so funny, Crystal! I'm loving your blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love your top 10!! I am with you on most of them, but I REALLY like #3, #8 and #9. Can't believe Titus has such a cool big boy bed!! Oh, and have you read Gold Cord? That's one of my faves :).

    ReplyDelete