Saturday, February 16, 2013

Love Songs

The month of love. February. Hearts. Dates. Kisses and hugs. Love. love. LOVE.

L-O-V-E

love love love


So readers, my dear friends and I are doing a challenge: 3 blog posts a month. First post - Love Song.

The person who thought of this post is a genius. Seriously.

Here's the deal. Ben and I got married at a crazy time in our lives. How do I say this without sounding too weird....we were...what's the word...hmmmmm....zealous.

So.. you know how you have a "First Dance Song" at your wedding? Well ours was "My Redeemer Lives". Ok, I know, it was about Jesus, so it gets some points but it's never been much of a re-live-the-moment-and-dance-in-the-living-room type of song. So we've been spending the last ten years playing Pandora - Love Songs on the Radio. And seeing if we can find one.

Here's some we've tried...for a time... but they didn't stick:

* LeAnn Rimes- How Do I Live
* Boys2Men- I'll Make Love to You
* Peter Cetera- Glory of Love (Theme from the Karate Kid)
* Shania Twain- From This Moment
* The Police - Every Breath You Take
* Zach Brown Band - Whatever It Is

There are many more - But over the years it seems we always return to this one....

I know, before you even see it and read the lyrics; I must be a country girl at heart. I'm proud.


Garth Brooks-  You Move Me
This is how it seems to me
Life is only therapy
Real expensive
And no guarantee

So I lie here on the couch
With my heart hanging out
Frozen solid with fear
Like a rock in the ground

But you move me
You give me courage I didn’t
know I had
You move me on
I can’t go with you
And stay where I am
So you move me on

This is how love was to me
I could look and not see
Going through the emotions
Not knowin’ what they mean

And it scared me so much
That I just wouldn’t budge
I might have stayed there forever
If not for your touch

Oh but you move me
Out of myself and into the fire
You move me
Now I’m burning with love
And with hope and desire
How you move me

You go whistling in the dark
Making light of it
Making light of it
And I follow with my heart
Laughing all the way

Oh ‘cause you move me
You get me dancing and you
make me sing
You move me
Now I’m taking delight
In every little thing
How you move me


I love you Ben Cochran, you move me.

If you want more gushy love stories or at least a funny story about a love song... check out my dear friends links!!





2 comments: