Sunday, September 28, 2014

Change

I'm not really sure if I'm a great blogger or not... mostly because I'm not very consistent. But guess what? Today I was looking through some blogs that I wrote but didn't post and I found this one. And I love it. When I read it, I think, "Maybe, when I grow up, I can be a good blogger." So, anyway, I'm going to post it. I'm not sure exactly when I wrote this because we have had a lot of change in the past few months, but who cares?!? I think I'm kind of on the "other side" of this blog and that feels good - like the 6 of us took this change like a champ and we are, for sure, gonna make it. So, enjoy! I did.

-----------------------------------

change

verb \ˈchānj\
: to become different
: to make (someone or something) different
: to become something else

It's funny how things change. Sometimes change is fast. And sometimes it's slow. Often change is something unplanned and sometimes you plan to change forever. Sometimes change makes you different and sometimes it feels like everything is the same, even though you know the change happened. It can be hard, it can be easy. Change.

Lots of things are happening in our life right now and lots of things are going to change. In fact, the changes are already occurring. Which is kind of weird, really, if you think about it. One day you just get some new piece of information and then everything starts to change. Some of it is in slow, small steps, and some of it is in giant leaps.

Our family is like a turtle and a kangaroo all at once. We're like a turtaroo. And honestly, I identify better with the Kangaroo. Let's just jump, big ol' feet first, into the change and GO WITH IT... the baby steps drive me insane, l i t e r a l l y. And yet, for the greater good, we take the steps, slow and steady and pray with each one that when the giant leap comes.. all of us jump.

That's the hardest thing for me, with change. You can't really guarantee how everyone is going to respond. (Read: I'm completely out of control) I can hope! I can pray! I can respond how I want others to respond, but really, they get to decide what they will do with this thing called change. Ugh. That's hard. If you are a mom, you get this, right? You want to pick what's best for the family, what's going to be awesome for the team, you want to pick THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE, for each little precious child. But change kinda comes like a train - you throw everyone on and hope they fall in love with wherever you're going. And honestly, that feels like a crap shoot to me! Ugh. Again.

So there's my real heart ... all written up there. It's messy right now. I'm unsure of the changes. I waver, I go back and forth (I warned you it was literally driving me insane)...and yet I know we will find peace. Just like when we moved to Spokane - that move was a bit more kangaroo-ish and these next steps are a bit more turtle-ish...so it's different but I'm waiting and I'm hopeful that the peace will come.

-------------------------

That's it. And peace did come, it's here, and I'll relish it in until we feel the winds of change again.
Ms. Simplicity




1 comment:

  1. And I will always look to you for strength and the way you handled it.

    ReplyDelete