Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Friendship just pulled into my driveway...

Is there anything as amazing as true friendship? It's like comfort food, or coffee in a favorite mug, or warm pajamas on a snowy night. It just feels right. I like friendship that lends to sitting on a couch for hours and talking without missing a beat. I enjoy friendship that can do simple things and make it fun. I LOVE friendship that warrants eating meaty-pizza, donuts and drinking loads of coffee, because "we're together and that's what we like." I get excited about friendship that spurs me to be better AND lets me be me. 
This past weekend friendship and comfort and ease and joy pulled into my driveway.
I forgot how good friendship feels -- like dieting and then eating dessert again.
Anyway, it was amazing. My friend came to visit me. Not just stopped by, but got in a car with two little kiddos and drove through snow, rain and sleet (ok maybe just packed snow on the roadway, traction tires advised kind of snow) and drove several hours to see ME! And my heart was warmed. And we talked late into the night and we did simple things and made them fun and it was good.
And now, she's gone....but I realized friendship didn't pull OUT of my driveway. I realized this weekend, it was here all along. I just have to keep it close to the surface of my heart and not forget. I MISS my friend, but friendship is still here. It remains between our hearts and it won't go away if we don't let it. Thank God for that, what a gift!
Jocelyn, thanks for being my friend and keeping my heart full of friendship (and my cup full of coffee). I miss you and I am beyond grateful for you coming to my home, but more importantly, staying in my heart, even when miles separate.
Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment