Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Penny-pinching


Pretty much, I simply HATE buying napkins. Yes, the little paper pieces that we all wipe our hands and faces on at dinner time. I hate buying them. We NEED them, we USE them, they are a huge part of our dinner times. Alena usually uses, at minimum, 3 per meal. She doesn’t like her hands to be dirty at meal time. But, I HATE buying them. Why not just take 500 pieces of paper or twenty $1bills for that matter and throw them in the garbage.....it’s not a “green” thing for me- I just don’t like wasting money…. on napkins.

So anyway, a few weeks back I saw a tutorial on…can you guess…think about it…you got it….Pinterest, it was all about a mom who makes napkins for her kids’ lunchboxes. She bought cute material and even embroidered their names and the days of the week on them. What a great idea! AND THEN… I found something more my style:

Find an old, flat sheet and cut it up and sew the edges and then VOILA, napkins. And we don’t have to pay for them or throw them away. And they work WAY better too. One sheet made like 28 napkins for us! And I love them, because I made them and they cost me nothing!!

So, I’m a penny-pincher, I’ll live with it… and my new green (that’s what color they are!!) napkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment