Monday, January 23, 2012

I heart Korea

Things I love about Korea:

1- Bi Bim Bap - This is a YUMMY dish served in Korea, I have not been to Korea but I have had REAL Koreans cook this for me. It was delish and I crave it often.
2- Baby lotion - It just works better.
3- Cool toys - The boys asked for Angry Birds "stuff" at Christmas and the toys they received from Korea were WAY better than anything I could find in America.
4- Long Underwear - I know, it's kinda weird, but the ones I got from there are so warm AND pretty that I wear them almost everyday under my clothes. (Yep, that means they rarely get washed)

A fun list but the previous four things don't even touch the LOVE I have for the next three things:

MY BROTHER - He lives in Korea. He is amazing and funny. Growing up he was the "relaxed" to my "vivaciousness." He is handsome and adventurous. And now he's a husband and a daddy and I want to  watch him function in those roles. I miss him, Korea better take care of him.

MY SISTER - MiJin. She is kind and generous and she calls me sister too. (Why there's even "in-law" wording is so strange to me..) Anyway, she has a servant-heart and she's an amazing cook (lucky Marcus). She's a really fun mom and yet there's this protectiveness about her that is pure, because she's a first time mom. I enjoy her, Korea better not keep her forever.

MY SWEET, SWEET SUAH - I want to watch her grow. She just started walking and she's only ten months! And I've only seen a video. This pains me. She is a go-getter and she's smart. She's so, so sweet. I love her, Korea better cherish her.

I love Korea because it holds three pieces of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Marcus- what a sweetie! I remember how funny he always was! You are a sweet sister and Aunt...I am positive they miss and love you just as much!

    ReplyDelete