Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Why Simplicity with Power?


Many years ago a wise man taught on the subject of Simplicity with Power. I don’t know why but his upfront message changed me.

When Jesus was here he did simple, every day acts, but the result of his life on earth was powerful and transforming. I mean, just look at one example…Jesus is walking along on a street, doing nothing extraordinary, just being with people. A sick lady thinks to herself, “If I can just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” So she touches Him and His power heals her and she is transformed in an instant. Like sick, then not. Imagine that, just walking then POW, you just healed someone. Or imagine head cold, stuffy nose, sore sinuses, yucky throat, then BOOM totally well. (Her disease wasn’t the common cold, but you get the point).

I am NOT trying to imply that anyone would be healed from touching my Columbia jacket; but I do hope and pray that as I am with people (my kids, friends, strangers) that Jesus will work through me. What I AM possibly implying is that I want to live, EVERY DAY, believing a simple reach to touch Jesus can do powerful things through me. Simple belief. Simple faith. Let Him do the big stuff. That sounds easy.  

Finally, I consider this today as I ponder why I chose the name of my blog…

FORGIVENESS

Seriously, in my opinion, the simplest of concepts but so powerful when truly acted upon. I think it’s the perfect example of simplicity with power. If you get the chance, try looking up this YouTube video, it’s a great example of forgiveness and it’s powerful impact:

 

2010 ESPYS: Arthur Ashe Award - Ed Thomas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukodLTOTens

No comments:

Post a Comment